Keep hydrated during your summer hikes!
Revisit this page: http://latrailhikers.com/upcoming
List Last Updated: 07/24/2015 – 2:50 PM
LIST NOTE: Hikes are linked only after they’ve been updated with the correct information. This page constantly updates.
** = New LATH Hike or Special Event (Information may be pending, if so, will be linked at a later date)
- Sat – Aug 01 – Level 3 – 08:00 AM – Pointe Dume State Beach
- Sun – Aug 02 – Level 3 – 08:00 AM – Monrovia Canyon Falls
- Mon – Aug 03 – Level 3 – 08:30 AM – Skyline Trail **
- Wed – Aug 05 – Level 4 – 07:00 PM – Griffith Park – Merry Go Round
- Sat – Aug 08 – Level 5 – 06:00 AM – Winter Creek
- Sun – Aug 09 – Level 3 – 05:00 PM – Ascot Hills
- Wed – Aug 12 – Level 5 – 07:00 PM – Griffith Park – Merry Go Round
- Sat – Aug 15 – ALL DAY – 08:00 AM – 9:30PM – LATH Beach Party **
- Sun – Aug 16 – NO LATH HIKE
- Mon – Aug 17 – Happy 6th Anniversary LA TRAIL HIKERS!
- Wed – Aug 19 – Level 4 – 07:00 PM – Griffith Park – Merry Go Round
- Sat – Aug 22 – Level 5 – 08:00 AM – Temescal Canyon
- Sun – Aug 23 – Level 5 – 08:00 AM – Hollywood Sign
- Wed – Aug 26 – Level 5 – 07:00 PM – Griffith Park – Vermont
- Sat – Aug 29 – Level 7 – 07:30 AM – San Jacinto via Tram **
- Sun – Aug 30 – Level 4 – 08:00 AM – Cherry Canyon
HIKE LIST KEY
Canceled Hike, Event, or Information
- Added OR Replacement Hike or Detail
IT’S SUMMERTIME LA TRAIL HIKERS!
It’s been a great 5th year for the LA Trail Hikers! And, on August 17, 2015, we’ll commence our 6th year as a hiking group in Los Angeles! It’s been quite a half-year so far and we’re only getting started! The LATH Hike Leads have got some great hikes scheduled and we’re ready to continue some great hikes in and around L.A. And, as you know, Southern California summers can be quite blistering. So, let’s make sure you are all taking plenty of water on your hikes to keep adequately hydrated. It’s good to have all your summer gear (such as a hat, sunscreen, light colored clothing, and electrolyte supplements) to make your hikes enjoyable. We have a few evening hikes, including our Red, Hike, and Blue hike on July 4th to go see the surrounding area fireworks from Griffith Park. And, we’ll be celebrating with our annual (All Day) LATH Beach Party on Aug 15. We hope to see you there for a great time with our hikers!
This page will be constantly updated, so remember that you can always come back to this page by bookmarking http://latrailhikers.com/upcoming as a shortcut. But, enough of that, let’s start getting those calendars full of hikes with the LA Trail Hikers!
FOLLOW #LATH ONLINE
The LATH Digital Team keeps you updated on upcoming LATH hikes/events, provide outdoor news/updates, share fun pictures, and help answer your hiking or LATH questions. So make sure you connect with us online! If you take pictures on our hikes, don’t forget to tag your LATH hike posts, photos, and updates with #LATH or #latrailhikers show others what it’s like to be out with our group!
WHAT IS A HIKING LEVEL?:
Please make sure to gauge yourself based on the hike’s difficulty level by looking at our Hike Level descriptions. Find out more about hiking levels here:
HIKE CANCELLATION NOTE: Should any hike need to be cancelled (due to heavy rain or other reasons), we’ll try to post on our website’s hike’s detail page and on our Facebook page, about 1 .5 hours prior to the meeting point, so you are aware. Otherwise, the hike is considered a go.
ADDITIONAL HIKE NOTES:
– Weekend hikes are primarily in the morning unless otherwise indicated.
– All hikes are subject to change, cancellation or other modifications. We may even add in additional hikes that may not appear on the original listing.
– We try to schedule 2 months worth of hikes so we always have a fresh new set every so often.
– All hikes listed are pre-scouted by our Hike Leads prior to taking the group.
– We require that you bring water to any of our hikes.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE WITH THE GROUP ON THESE HIKES?
1. Read the details page for the hike you’re interested in.
2. Make sure that the Hike Level accommodates your hiking experience (1 easiest, 10 most strenuous).
3. If, and only if it suits you, then show up the day of the hike with all necessary gear, nutrition, and water (we mention everything you need on each details page per hike).
4. (Optional): RSVP via Facebook so we know you’re going. It also let’s us know what about how many hikers will be attending.
MY FRIEND SAID I CAN DO THIS HIKE, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT, RIGHT?
We take your safety quite seriously, and would not like for you to attend a hike you’re not ready for. You know your body and hiking experience better than your friends. Whether you are a first-timer or an experienced hiker, please read our hike details page as the hike may not suite your experience level. We have a better experience if every hike has hikers of the intended level.
DISCLAIMER: LA Trail Hikers and its Leads/Organizers/Volunteers/Participants do not take responsibility for any harm,bodily injury, accidents, or damage to personal property. By clicking “Attending,” or attending the hike, you confirming that you understand that all outdoor activity such as hiking, backpacking, and trekking have an associated danger, and will not hold any hike lead/organizer, participant, LA Trail Hikers, or any group associated pet responsible for any hazard to your well being. Additionally, you will not be allowed to participate with the group if you are not adequately prepared with enough water and the right gear/equipment/nutrition essential to complete the hike. You are fully responsible for yourself.