Revisit this page: https://latrailhikers.com/schedule
Last Updated: 7/26/2021 12:45 PM
COVID DISLCAIMER: For the safety of our leads and those attending, hikers will be required to provide proof of vaccination (physical or digital card) or will need to wear a face mask for the entire hike, otherwise you will not be able to attend our hike. Vaccinated hikers may still wear a face mask if desired. Do NOT be around others if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, if you are sick, or if you have tested positive for COVID-19. Stay home if sick.
WHAT IS A HIKING (L) LEVEL? Please make sure to gauge yourself based on the hike’s difficulty level by looking at our Hike Level descriptions. Find out more about our hiking levels (Levels: 1 - 10) here: http://latrailhikers.com/about/hike-levels/
- Thu – Jul 15 – ONLINE – LATH Online Q&A – 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Fri – Jul 16 – Level 5 – Hacienda Hills –
8:30 AM– 11:00 AM8:45 AM – 11:00 AM
- Sat – Jul 24 – Level 4 – El Prieto Canyon –
7:45 AM – 11:30 AM7:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Sun – Jul 25 – Level 3 – Ocean Trails Reserve + Shakespeare –
3:00 PM – 6:30 PM (Shakespeare: 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM)3:30 PM – 5:30 PM (Shakespeare: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Fri – Aug 27 – Hike TBA
Previously in 2021
JANUARY 2021 – JUNE 2021
- No LATH Hikes were scheduled
ADDITIONAL HIKE NOTES:
– Check this schedule often for updates. All hikes are subject to change, cancellation or other modifications. We may even add in additional hikes that may not appear on the original listing.
– Weekend hikes are primarily in the morning unless otherwise indicated.
– We usually try to schedule 2 months worth of hikes so we always have a fresh new set every so often. However, given current conditions, we will be adding to the page as we determine hikes we can lead.
– All hikes listed are pre-scouted by the Hike Leads prior to taking the group.
– We require that you bring water to any of our hikes.
– Vaccination proof (or face mask for the entire hike)
Acceptable forms of vaccination proof:
– Physical Vaccine Record Card
– Digital card, which you can get here: https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE WITH THE GROUP ON THESE HIKES?
1. Read the details page for the hike you’re interested in.
2. Make sure that the Hike Level accommodates your hiking experience (1 easiest, 10 most strenuous).
3. If, and only if it suits you, then show up the day of the hike with all necessary gear, nutrition, and water (we mention everything you need on each details page per hike).
4. (Optional): RSVP via Facebook so we know you’re going. It also let’s us know what about how many hikers will be attending.
MY FRIEND SAID I CAN DO THIS HIKE, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT, RIGHT?
We take your safety quite seriously, and would not like for you to attend a hike you’re not ready for. You know your body and hiking experience better than your friends. Whether you are a first-timer or an experienced hiker, please read our hike details page as the hike may not suit your experience level. We have a better experience if every hike has hikers of the intended level.
DISCLAIMER: LA Trail Hikers and its Leads / Organizers / Volunteers / Participants do not take responsibility for any harm, bodily injury, accidents, or damage to personal property. By attending the hike, you confirming that you understand that all outdoor activity such as hiking, backpacking, and trekking has an associated danger and you will not hold any hike lead/organizer, participant, LA Trail Hikers, or any group associated pet responsible for any hazard to your well being. Additionally, you will not be allowed to participate with the group if you are not adequately prepared with enough water and the right gear/equipment/nutrition essential to complete the hike. You are fully responsible for yourself.