Once a year, we like to take a break from the trails and celebrate the accomplishments of our hikers with an all day beach party. We start early in the morning and continue through the night. Some hikers spend all day with us and others come for only parts of the day/night. We look forward to having you be part of this fun event!
SOCIAL EVENT: LA Trail Hikers – Beach Party 2013
EVENT DATE: August 10, 2013
EVENT TIME: 8:00am – 10pm (All Day Event)
** Lifeguard Tower Numbers (Updated)**
We are meeting between Lifeguard Towers 22 & 23 (closer to 23). When you are at the beach entrance (where you pay the entrance), make sure you stay on the right lanes so you go towards the north side of the beach parking. If you’re not sure, simply ask the parking teller which direction you should go for the towers indicated.
The entrance to the beach is on Pacific Coast Highway, about one and a half miles south of Warner Avenue.
LIFE GUARD TOWER: (This will be posted in the morning of the event)
POTLUCK SIGNUP: Bringing something to the beach party? Let us know what goodies you’ll be bringing by putting your name and the items in this form: http://bit.ly/q9bGTB
If you have any portable cooking tools/BBQs, please feel free to bring them. Keep in mind that people like to volunteer to cook around the clock.
BEACH GEAR: So what should you take with you? We recommend you taking any of the following to make your day/evening at the beach a great experience:
- Sunscreen – You’ll be glad we reminded you.
- Water – Keep in mind you’ll probably get thirsty and may want to have some around.
- Beach Chairs – You’ll use these plenty for enjoying a relaxing beach day/night
- Beach Blankets – When you want soak some sun, take an after-swim nap, or take a break from sitting/standing.
- Towels/Swimwear – Think ahead and prepare for some fun in the water.
- Coolers/Insulated Lunch Boxes – If you plan on bringing some food/refreshments that need to stay cold, you might consider bringing one.
- Beach/River Sandals – You may want to get into the water but with foot protection, so these may come in handy.
- Sports Equipment – Bicycle, Football, Hula Hoops, Volleyball & net, and any other type of fun sports equipment you might want to share.
- Beach Umbrellas – Keeps you under the shade.
- Plastic Bag – Keep your wet clothes separate.
- Throws/Blankets – Later in the evening you may want to cozy up with a blanket as it will get cold at night.
- Sweaters/Long Pants – Again, it does get colder later in the evening. Keep yourself warm.
- Firewood – Have any extra wood laying around? Bring some for our fire pit.
- BBQ/Cooking Utensils – Do you have portable cookware? We’ll need some where to cook those burgers.
- Other Recommendations? – Post them on our FB Event page here: http://www.facebook.com/events/515391818532066/
EVENT DESCRIPTION: The sun is hot and the LA Trail Hiker are ready for their 2013 Beach Party! Join us to enjoy the wonderful combination of great food, friends and families at Bolsa Chica State Beach!
This is a potluck-style event so bring a dish and drinks to share with others. It’s very important that you bring a chair and don’t forget your beach towels and a sweater for later that night. We recommend plenty of sunscreen and other beach-related items.
PARKING FEE: $15.00 per vehicle (9 persons or less per vehicle). It is best to arrive prior to 10am to get good parking. It gets very crowded this time of year, so if you don’t want to spend hours waiting in line and trying to find parking, it is advised that you come early or later in the evening, not midday. If you come after, you may get locked out out of a full parking lot. And they will only allow people in once a number of people have left. So please get there earlier in the day.
RSVP Online: You can RSVP via Facebook
DISCLAIMER: LA Trail Hikers and its Leads/Organizers/Participants do not take responsibility for any harm,bodily injury, accidents, or damage to personal property. By attending the event, you confirming that you understand that all outdoor activity such as bicycling, swimming, and all other beach activity may have an associated danger, and will not hold any hike lead/organizer, participant, LA Trail Hikers, or any group associated pet responsible for any hazard to your well being. We are not responsible for any loss or personal injury.