LOCATION UPDATE (8/16): We’ll be just left of Lifeguard Tower 22 @ Bolsa Chica State Beach.
Summer is here, and LA Trail Hikers are ready to enjoy a day in the sun. We’ll be taking a day off trails to celebrate the accomplishments of our LATH hikers with an all day beach party! This event starts early in the morning for some good swimming/sunbathing, and continues through the night for a great evening with a bonfire. Some hikers spend all day with us, and others come for part of the day or night. And best of all, it’s a potluck style event, so bring any good food and beverages to share with everyone!
SOCIAL EVENT: LA Trail Hikers – Beach Party 2014
EVENT DATE: August 16, 2014
EVENT TIME: 8:00am – 10pm (All Day Event)
LIFE GUARD TOWER #: 22 (Just left of it)
Make sure to stay to your right as you enter the beach.
Bolsa Chica State Beach
Life Guard Tower # 22 (on the left side)
17851 E Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
The entrance to the beach is on Pacific Coast Highway, about one and a half miles south of Warner Avenue.
Bolsa Chica State Beach is slightly south of Seal Beach and north of Huntington Beach.
EVENT DESCRIPTION: The sun is out and the LA Trail Hiker are ready for their 2014 Beach Party! Join us to enjoy the wonderful combination of great food, friends and families at Bolsa Chica State Beach! This event is open to all our LATH Hikers.
EVENT RSVP: Let us know you’re be attending! RSVP via FB at:
POTLUCK INFO: This is a potluck-style event so bring a dish and drinks to share with others. Bringing something to the beach party? If you have any portable cooking tools/Propane BBQ Grills (no charcoal grills), please feel free to bring them. Keep in mind that people like to volunteer to cook around the clock. NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED. Let us know what goodies you’ll be bringing by putting your name and the items in the following form:
POTLUCK SIGNUP FORM
Bringing something? Let us know: http://bit.ly/q9bGTB
BEACH GEAR: So what should you take with you? It’s very important that you bring a chair and don’t forget your beach towels and a sweater for later that night. You’ll want to have plenty of sunscreen and other beach-related items. However, we recommend you taking any of the following to make your day/evening at the beach a great experience:
- Sunscreen – You’ll be glad we reminded you.
- Water – Keep in mind you’ll probably get thirsty and may want to have some around.
- Beach Chairs – You’ll use these plenty for enjoying a relaxing beach day/night
- Beach Blankets – When you want soak some sun, take an after-swim nap, or take a break from sitting/standing.
- Towels/Swimwear – Think ahead and prepare for some fun in the water.
- Coolers/Insulated Lunch Boxes – If you plan on bringing some food/refreshments that need to stay cold, you might consider bringing one.
- Beach/River Sandals – You may want to get into the water but with foot protection, so these may come in handy.
- Sports Equipment – Bicycle, Football, Hula Hoops, Volleyball & net, and any other type of fun sports equipment you might want to share.
- Beach Umbrellas – Keeps you under the shade.
- Plastic Bag – Keep your wet clothes separate.
- Throws/Blankets – Later in the evening you may want to cozy up with a blanket as it will get cold at night.
- Sweaters/Long Pants – Again, it does get colder later in the evening. Keep yourself warm.
- Firewood – Have any extra wood laying around? Bring some for our fire pit.
- BBQ/Cooking Utensils – Do you have portable cookware? We’ll need some where to cook those burgers.
- No enclosed tents, ez-ups and open tarps only.
- Other Recommendations? – Post them on our FB Event page.
BEACH PARKING LOT FEE: $15.00 per vehicle (9 persons or less per vehicle). $20.00 for over-sized vehicles. It is best to arrive prior to 10 am to get good parking. It gets very crowded this time of year, so if you don’t want to spend hours waiting in line and trying to find parking, it is advised that you come early or later in the evening, not midday. If you come after, you may get locked out out of a full parking lot. And they will only allow people in once a number of people have left. So please get there earlier in the day.
DOG FRIENDLY?: Not really. No Dogs on sand, they can be on a leash on paved multi-use trail (bike path) only. We recommend leaving your pets at home, or with a designated caretaker while you’re at this event.
BOLSA CHICA STATE BEACH INFO:
DISCLAIMER: LA Trail Hikers and its Leads/Organizers/Participants do not take responsibility for any harm,bodily injury, accidents, or damage to personal property. By attending the event, you confirming that you understand that all outdoor activity such as bicycling, swimming, and all other beach activity may have an associated danger, and will not hold any hike lead/organizer, participant, LA Trail Hikers, or any group associated pet responsible for any hazard to your well being. We are not responsible for any loss or personal injury.