The LA Trail Hikers will be doing something of extraordinary value to our community by donating blood this coming Saturday, August 27, 2011. Just like hiking group revitalizes the life of our hikers, we are looking to help those in need of this life source. At least once every year, we will continue to give back in one way or another. Last year we participated in a 5K/10K walk/run for pancreatic cancer research. This year, we intend to go under the needle (literally) to show what our group can do for others. Join us as we go out to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles to go and donate. There is no need to be a prior hiker, or a hiker for that matter. So invite as many people as you can…together we can help enrich and save lives!
EVENT: LATH Blood Donation Drive
EVENT TIME: 9:00 am
(Although we are meeting as a group at this time, please note that the donation center will be open until 12:30pm to all individual later comers)
EVENT ORGANIZERS: Pattie Soltero & Jason Bazalar
EVENT MEETING LOCATION:
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (Meet in the Hospital Lobby)
4650 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
– Goal: 30 Blood Donors
– Each donor needs to be at least 17 years old and weigh 110 pounds.
– Parking will be validated!
– All donors will receive a coupon for a free pint of ice cream from Baskin Robbins!
– Last day to RSVP: August 25, 2011 on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=184008098334881
– It is recommended that you do no (strenuous) physical activity for 24 hours. For this reason we will have an easy evening hike the next day (Sunday).
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1) You will read an Information Sheet and decide if you should give blood that day.
2) You will be asked questions about your medical history.
3) You will be asked to sign your form. The form says that you understand this sheet and that you have honestly answered all of our questions.
4) You will be given an opportunity to mark the Confidential Unit Exclusion ballot to let us know, in private, if we should or should not give your blood to another person.
5) The following will be measured: blood pressure, pulse and temperature and test a sample of your blood for anemia.
6) you will give blood and then relax for a while.
INFORMATION SHEET (Please Read):
CHLA Blood Donation Info Sheet
MAP & DIRECTIONS: