You can now link your activity updates from LA Trail Hikers to your Facebook page. Just go to you member page and setup the Facestream settings to start getting your LATH activity posted to your Facebook account.
The LATH Meeting on 02-24-2010 was quite productive and very insightful. We had a small team, but we covered many things. Here is a summary of what we planned out for our members.
We planned a total of 11 hikes scheduled for the months of March & April 2010:
SUN 3/7 – La Verne (Medium Beginner) Eaton Canyon Falls (Easy Moderate)
SAT 3/13 – Arroyo Pescadero Trail (Easy Beginner) – NEW
SUN 3/14 – Hollywood Sign (Medium Moderate)
SUN 3/21 – Monrovia (Medium Moderate) – NEW
SAT 3/27 – Fish Falls (Medium Moderate) – NEW (Moved to April 2010)
SUN 3/28 – Arcadia Waterfalls (Easy Moderate)
SUN 4/4 – Etiwanda Preserve (Moderate) – NEW
SAT 4/10 – Fish Falls (Medium Moderate) – NEW
SUN 4/11 – Whittier II (Moderate) – NEW
SUN 4/18 – Echo Mountain (High Moderate)
SAT 4/24 – Mt. Wilson from Chantry Flats (Medium Advanced) – NEW
SUN 4/25 – Hacienda Heights (Medium Moderate)
Information for new hikes will be posted as soon as information is gathered. They will appear on the user’s sidebar on the website and on our social networks. Hike leads for each hike will be named in each event’s hike page.
We discussed a few ideas regarding some upcoming events:
LATH Planning Meeting/Group Social
DATE: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 @ 7:30pm
LOCATION: Casa De Luna Coffee House – Bellflower, CA
NOTE: This date, time and venue were chosen by the meeting attendees.
LATH Road Trip Hike
DATE: TBD (Saturday Morning – Early May 2010)
LOCATION: Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area (Las Vegas, NV)
– All hikers will be responsible for their individual travel, hotel , and food arrangements (Everyone’s on their own)
– Note that there is $5 per vehicle Parking Pass required while in the Conservation Area
– Hikers will meet on Saturday morning at a designated meeting point
– Designated hike will be Moderate, 3-4 mile round trip.
– After the hike, hikers will be dismissed to enjoy Las Vegas!
– Full details for hike/trip to be determined and posted.
– LA Trail Hikers would like to become an Alliance Organization member with the American Hiking Society
– In order to do so, we must provide an annual fee of $50.00
– Our fundraiser would allow us to pay for these dues and become recognized as a member of this prestigious hiking association.
– Information about the American Hiking Society at: http://www.americanhiking.org/
The updated version of https://latrailhikers.com was discussed and presented at the meeting.
New features that had a debut at the meeting were:
– Photos (Gallery & Email your pictures to [email protected])
– Clickable ‘Facebook’ logo on home page to display LATH Facebook FanBox
– Sitewide “Activity” section (All publicly viewable activity by LATH members)
– Post a video for your personal ‘Activity’ update. Allowable video links can come from:
– – YouTube
– – Blip.tv
– – Vimeo
– – DailyMotion
– – Flickr
– – Hulu
– – Viddler
– – Qik
– – Revision3
– – Photobucket
– – Scribd
– – WordPress.tv
New features that were added after the meeting:
– Twitter for Groups (one twitter username per line or seperated by commas?)
– Links (with voting capability)
– Display ‘My Friends’ for signed-in members in sidebar
– Display Random Member in sidebar
We also talked about setting up “Hiker’s Choice” Poll. We will give our members a chance to vote for their choice of hike for a Sunday in May, aka “Hiker’s Choice Sunday.” The winning hike would then be scheduled on the indicated Sunday.
No other items were considered at this time.