Cooler weather and beautiful fall colors make group hiking fun!
Revisit this page: https://latrailhikers.com/upcoming
This page constantly updates. Last Updated: 11/15/2017 – 11:28 AM
HIKES LIST NOTE: Hikes are linked only after they’ve been updated with the correct information.
- Wed – Nov 1 – Icehouse Saddle – Level 6 – 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Wed – Nov 1 – Griffith Park – Merry Go Round – Level 5 – 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Sat – Nov 4 – Hollywood Sign – Level 5 – 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Sun – Nov 5 – Ernest Debs Park – Level 4 – 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM
- Wed – Nov 8 – Griffith Park – Vermont – Level 4 – 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Sat – Nov 11 – LATH Las Vegas Road Trip Hike – (Multiple Levels) – 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- Sat – Nov 11 – Solstice Canyon – Level 4 – 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Sun – Nov 12 – Ascot Hills – Level 2 – 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
- Wed – Nov 15 – Griffith Park – Merry Go Round – Level 5 – 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Sat – Nov 18 – Skyline Trail – Level 3 – 7:15 AM – 10:30 AM
Sun – Nov 19 – Claremont Wilderness Hills Loop – Level 5(Replaced with hike below)
- Sun – Nov 19 – Eaton Canyon Falls – Level 3 – 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM
- Wed – Nov 22 – Griffith Park – Vermont – Level TBA – 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Fri – Nov 24 – (Pending – Turkey Hike #1)
- Sat – Nov 25 – (Pending – Turkey Hike #2)
- Sun – Nov 26 – (Pending – Turkey Hike #3)
- Wed – Nov 29 – Griffith Park – Merry Go Round– Level TBA – 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Sat – Dec 2 – El Prieto Canyon Trail – Level 4 – Time TBA
- Sun – Dec 3 – Rancho Palos Verdes – Level 5 – Time TBA
- Wed – Dec 6 – Griffith Park – Vermont – Level TBA – 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Sat – Dec 9 – (Hike Confirmed & TBA)
- Sun – Dec 10 – North Etiwanda Preserve – Level 6 – Time TBA
- Wed – Dec 13 – Griffith Park – Merry Go Round– Level TBA – 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Sat – Dec 16 – (Hike Confirmed & TBA)
- Sun – Dec 17 – (Hike Confirmed & TBA)
- Wed – Dec 20 – Griffith Park – Vermont (Last hike of 2017) – Level TBA – 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Thu – Dec 21 – LATH Winter Break
- LATH Winter Break ends
- First hike of the year: To Be Determined
HIKE LIST KEY
- Canceled Hike, Event, or Information
- Added OR Replacement/Substitute Hike (Info/Detail)
WHAT IS A HIKING LEVEL?:
Please make sure to gauge yourself based on the hike’s difficulty level by looking at our Hike Level descriptions. Find out more about hiking levels here:
LATH WINTER BREAK
- Every year the LA Trail Hikers take a LATH Winter Break to allow the LATH Hike Leads and LATH Digital Team to enjoy the holidays with friends and family (to join them or to host them locally). Our last hike of the 2017 hiking season will be on December 20, and we’ll return to the trails as a group in January of 2018.
FOLLOW #LATH ONLINE
The LATH Digital Team keeps you updated on upcoming LATH hikes/events, provide outdoor news/updates, share fun pictures, and help answer your hiking or LATH questions. So make sure you connect with us online! If you take pictures on our hikes, don’t forget to tag your LATH hike posts, photos, and updates with #LATH #LATrailHikers #WeHikeLA and/or #GoLATH to show others what it’s like to be out with our group!
We’re actively looking for more great people to be part of LATH Hike Lead team. So, if you’re interested in having us consider, make sure you submit your interest form to let us know that you want to be part of our awesome group of hike leads. Or, if you’re interested in helping us out on the social front, we’ll also be looking for new members to join the LATH Digital Team. If you follow us on one of our social media accounts, send us a message letting us know you want to join our LATH Digital Team. We need some great LATH volunteers to keep us going strong!
HIKE CANCELLATION NOTE: Should any hike need to be canceled (due to heavy rain or other reasons), we’ll try to post on our website’s hike’s detail page and on our Facebook page, about 1 .5 hours prior to the meeting point, so you are aware. Otherwise, the hike is considered a go.
ADDITIONAL HIKE NOTES:
– Weekend hikes are primarily in the morning unless otherwise indicated.
– All hikes are subject to change, cancellation or other modifications. We may even add in additional hikes that may not appear on the original listing.
– We try to schedule 2 months worth of hikes so we always have a fresh new set every so often.
– All hikes listed are pre-scouted by our Hike Leads prior to taking the group.
– We require that you bring water to any of our hikes.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE WITH THE GROUP ON THESE HIKES?
1. Read the details page for the hike you’re interested in.
2. Make sure that the Hike Level accommodates your hiking experience (1 easiest, 10 most strenuous).
3. If, and only if it suits you, then show up the day of the hike with all necessary gear, nutrition, and water (we mention everything you need on each details page per hike).
4. (Optional): RSVP via Facebook so we know you’re going. It also let’s us know what about how many hikers will be attending.
MY FRIEND SAID I CAN DO THIS HIKE, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT, RIGHT?
We take your safety quite seriously, and would not like for you to attend a hike you’re not ready for. You know your body and hiking experience better than your friends. Whether you are a first-timer or an experienced hiker, please read our hike details page as the hike may not suit your experience level. We have a better experience if every hike has hikers of the intended level.
DISCLAIMER: LA Trail Hikers and its Leads/Organizers/Volunteers/Participants do not take responsibility for any harm, bodily injury, accidents, or damage to personal property. By clicking “Attending,” or attending the hike, you confirming that you understand that all outdoor activity such as hiking, backpacking, and trekking have an associated danger, and will not hold any hike lead/organizer, participant, LA Trail Hikers, or any group associated pet responsible for any hazard to your well being. Additionally, you will not be allowed to participate with the group if you are not adequately prepared with enough water and the right gear/equipment/nutrition essential to complete the hike. You are fully responsible for yourself.